Sunday, November 21, 2010

Amazing medieval copper


While on a recent trip to Italy, we encountered this amazing, bigger-than-life size exhibition of copper. Not what you might think. We walked into this medieval battle with horses and knights and hooded passersby. We did a double take.

The exhibit stands in the courtyard of the Communal Palace (Palazzo del Comune). The exhibit was created by Sara Bolzani and Nicholas Zamboni and is named The Humanity. It presents a unique vision of the Middle Ages, with each form expressing great emotion and incredible detail.
 







Look at the beautiful copper patina!





Up close:









1 comment:

  1. Wonderful. I showed these to my medieval obsessed son. I'm pouting because my husband's yearly trip to Florence was cancelled. I often tagged along and gloried in all things Italian for a week (sans kids). Sigh.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...