Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Exquisite

I recently discovered designer Anne Gelbard and her uber chic wallpapers. If you went to Maison et Objet, you probably saw her booth there in the Scenes d'Interieur Hall.


Leaf on multicolor background


Anne received her college degree in textile design. In 1997, she opened her atelier in Paris and has been designing fabrics for both haute couture and ready-to-wear merchandise. She also designs lampshades, cushions and wallcoverings for the interior design trade.




I particularly enjoy her unique style of adding gold, silver and copper leaf to her designs.




Using the silver leaf as a backdrop for the painting gives it a lovely soft glow.





Just beautiful... and inspiring!

[via here and here]

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. These are stunning Ann, my favourite is the purple on silver, very very elegant
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand.
    Hunter Douglas

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...