Sunday, May 8, 2011

Chocolate, To Be Sure

My traditional responses to any Mother's Day present inquiries are always the same.
A day to work uninterrupted outdoors in the garden and chocolate. Fairly simple. 

It looks like the weather is cooperating for the yard work and I was already treated to a hot fudge sundae! I hope your Mother's Day is going as well!


While we were on holiday last fall, we accidentally drove by discovered the absolute best chocolate ever, Felchlin Chocolates, in Schwyz, Switzerland. Hands down. The tricky part is that they only sell chocolate out of their factory store to the public; all other orders are strictly wholesale to bakers, pastry chefs and confectioners.


I guess I'll have to wait until we return before I can indulge again. (Boo!) In the meantime, here is a peak at the actual process of growing and harvesting the cocoa bean, the star of the chocolate process.


So it goes from the bean to the treat as we know it:



Mmmm....



Happy Mother 's Day!


1 comment:

  1. Now that is rich and rich in love! Happy Mother's Day to you too :) XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...