Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Materials Focus


Loved this couch- such a happy, fun look. 
Then I noticed the walls. 
Would you do this in your home?


As we all know, lighting is everything. Lately I am drawn to simplicity. LED strip lights formed into several circles- brilliantly understated, definitely contemporary and full of potential to form interesting gobo effects in the room.


OK, so we all cannot have a rolled steel staircase. But why not have a silver leaf staircase? I'd probably go with aluminum leaf and age it a bit. Actually, I can't wait to do this! 


I am into screens. They are so versatile, especially when created in smaller panels. When I saw this Venetian plaster wall, it occurred to me to make a screen with the iced black VP on one side and a white gold VP on the other. Two looks, one screen.


Elitis, the French wallpaper company, has fabulous wallpapers. This is the Paso doble  variation of their "Tenue de soirée" wallpaper. So you can't quite afford to bring this in from France, but perhaps you could use a stencil to give a similar effect. Go with a metallic background with a flat design or have a flat background with a metallic design. Either way, it will certainly become a compliment receiver!




Do you have a favorite? 

[1,2,3,4,5,6-7]

4 comments:

  1. Hello Anne

    I love the first image and the mock stainless steele
    staircase. It would have worked nicely in our old farmhouse but not suitable for our condo living.

    The wallpaper is delicious. I would love this in a powder room

    Helen xx

    ReplyDelete

  2. This crazy apartment is in Paris. It is re-painted and used lots for photoshoots and events and the artist owner kinda leaves the rooms as they are after each shoot. So you get an intriguing layering of paint effects. I love the idea of an interior that evolves organically and payfully like this and is never fixed.

    Check out some of the other rooms on my blog. I had a press event here recently:

    http://fairlyte.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/arden-launch-in-paris.html

    Love your blog Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its looking like an imaginative place. Not for living but suitable for shooting film scenes and looking like a studio. However it is looking good enough with its well crafted traditional interior and colorful texture.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love that settee and if I had the architectural detailing those walls have, I would totally do that paint treatment. So cool.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...