Thursday, January 2, 2014

Texturing

No boring walls here!

Parisian designer Jean-Louis Denoit's took his own library's oak wall panelling one step further and surrounded it with a laser-printed canvas inspired by tree bark. 
An intriguing way to bring in more texture and subtle colors... 


If you want rustic... 
Love these birch veneer wall panels, framed by split branches.



For the glitzy side of your persona, instead of boring stain, I would definitely be interested in cladding the cupboards with a hammered silver leaf top à la Deniot. These were made in Morocco...



Paint and glazes can also do wonders. This ceiling was intended to be a sky trompe l'oeil, but the owner liked it so much that he continued it all the way down the walls. This is where it gets tricky- you really need an expert to do this, otherwise it would look too "faux." Here it is like being in the painting.



And lastly, here the pattern of the floor was continued up onto the walls by a decorative painter. You can't even tell! 


The only element missing is a lovely scent wafting from the scented candle...
Would you go woody, floral or green?

1,2,3,4,5

5 comments:

  1. Dear Annie
    A very Happy New Year
    The hammered finish from Morocco is intriguing and I could live in the warmth of it's flow.
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ann,
    Happy New Year!
    I absolutely love that kitchen. I know it would probably be difficulty to keep streaky marks off the surfaces, but it so appeals to the magpie in me.
    Hope 2014 brings you all you wish for yourself!
    Di
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Textured walls can make a room pop. I've found that I have to be careful with my furnishing when my walls give off such a strong presence. My kitchen/dining room has the marbled look and I really needed to find things that would compliment the space. I ended up using Furnishr to furnish my space and their designs helped to bring everything together. http://www.furnishr.com if you wanted to look at some of their rooms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been thinking about adding textured walls to my place to make the space more interesting as I prefer very modern furniture in neutral colors. I used Furnishr.com too and their service was really good. Saved me from having to look all over the place!Thanks for the wall inspo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like to look through design blogs here. This is so inspiring for me. I also have my own one http://imwriterblog.com/ where you can see my projects and ideas.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...