Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Leaf

Presenting to you an eclectic array of gilded areas. 

I had never seen gold leaf clouds before! This restaurant is in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Barcelona, Spain and was designed by Patricia Urquiola, the prolific Spanish architect and designer. The gilded clouds nicely complement the abstract flowers blooming on the floor. 


 

Decorative artist, Maria Apelo Cruz, is working on "aging" this silver leaf wall.  It will look good left as is or can also be a fabulous base for a mural or Chinoiserie. Maria, based in L.A., does absolutely beautiful work in a variety of media.




The famed company, de Gournay, produces exquisite wallpapers that are frequently based on gilded silk. This particular wall is in the master bedroom of Erica Tanov and Steven Emerson. Erica explained in the book, Undecorate, that she had stored it away for three years before using it. Its tarnishing only adds to its rich patina.
 


[1,2,3]

8 comments:

  1. The restaurant in the Mandarin Hotel is amazing. I would love to have dinner there. So much detail in the decor. The food is probably amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,
    Gold leaf is something that I haven't tried yet. Thank you for your advice about my urn, I will try that and let you know how it went, I knew the urn was missing something, but didn't know what, thank you for pointing that out. You are the best!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love using leaf. It always adds a touch of elegance. Beautiful rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i LOVE the first photo! Gold leaf clouds would be amazing to execute for a client.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please. To all. OK, the first one gets a bit of an edge... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing ceiling Annie
    I have a lot of silver leaf here which i love Enjoy the Wedding with your daughter I sat outside St Pauls all night for Charles and Diana which was wonderful but this time ill sit on my sofa glued to the box ! sadly my trip to the uk is sad as my God father is very ill ill be back next tuesday thankx annie fay xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leafing has always been a favorite of mine! THIS is just amazing and takes it to that whole new world of working out amazing visions with incredible results!! XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way the artist speaks through all your posts Ann. And I LOVE your new colour scheme for the blog,
    Sharon
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...