Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Can You Say Color?

If this Stone Harbor beach house isn't the happiest place! 
Even though the brightest of colors were used, the colors don't feel overwhelming to me. 
Designed by Cinnie May of JBM Designs, the beach house is featured in the May/June issue of New York Spaces.


The over-dyed ikat rugs anchor the colors in these two rooms.


Bright pink, orange and yellow all combine happily, even in the windowsill florals. I like to use that color combination in the garden as well. 


Check out that pleated shade color- gorgeous with the Scalamandre ikat print fabric on the classic chairs. Yum!


The porch's sunset colors reflect the outdoor scenery.


The rest of the home is just as beautiful, although a bit more sedate in color. 
A happy home.

[via]
Photos by Erik Kvalsvik

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post. I loved the rugs in the room. Your sense of interior is just WOW. Can you please suggest me something. Recently I've shifted to my new house. I'm very much confused about my living room rug. The walls are decorated with a pop of bright colors and the white colored couch is placed at the one corner of my room. Please suggest me the best rug which can go with my living room. I've been choosing the rugs from https://www.therugmall.com/living-room-rugs-best-rugs-to-buy-in-usa/ they are having the greatest collection of rugs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...