Sunday, May 20, 2012

Greetings from NYC

This week is a most special week for me- I am in New York City to attend a whirlwind of events with Blogfest 2012. They have organized an unbelievable three days for us, allowing for very little sleep time! I feel most privileged to be part of the group to experience the NY Design Week. 

Because of that, I'll be lucky to check my emails, much less post. I'll try my best to pop in and say Hi. I will, however, be sure to photograph as much as possible to share with you soon.

My first second stop (OK- Barney's was my first) after my arrival was The Met and I lucked out as I accidentally strolled by Louis Comfort Tiffany's large wall mosiac.


 Dream Garden mosaic by Louis C. Tiffany, 1915

Part of the separate mosaic fountain base can be seen in center front

 Iridescent glass and transparent tesserae backed with metal leaf were used to create the mosaic.

Even water lilies...

Tiffany's shimmering landscape is breathtaking in person.

Speaking of water lilies, we are now headed over to the New York Botanical Garden for their just opened Monet exhibition
Talk with you soon!

3 comments:

  1. I post a day/evening NYC outfit post a couple of days ago just for YOU. Have FUN !!!! xx's

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are going to have a blast. Can't wait to hear alll about it. XO Mona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaww- thanks, Marsha! Ha- my outfits aren't quite as cool...

    Marsha and Mona- wouldn't it be a blast if you both were here?!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...