Friday, April 1, 2011

French Muses

Greeting Friday with an eclectic group of French inspirations:

We visited the Cleveland Museum of Art last weekend and I have been haunted by this lovely painting by Claude Monet. The 1873 painting is titled La Capeline Rouge, Portrait de Madame Monet.




I wish I would come across such a treasure as this urn when I am browsing in the flea markets and antique stores. I know right where I would put it in my garden!




 And when I am next in Louisville, Kentucky, I will visit the European Antique Market. Shawn scours the French countryside for goodies to ship home, like these:



You can also follow her on her blog, Country French Antiques.

[2,3]

2 comments:

  1. La capeline rouge or Caperucita Roja is lovely, she was painted in 1873 and I was born exactly 100 years later, shhhh don't tell anybody!
    Have a lovely Friday.
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a HUGE fan of the European Antique Market. Both times I have been in Louisville I have not been able to go to her beautiful store. Next time I will be sure to.

    Thank you for such beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...