Saturday, April 9, 2011

Bare Walls

I have certainly noticed bare walls more and more lately.





I like the naturalness of it, the raw and honest feeling.






Honestly, one method is to strip the wallpaper and see what you find underneath. With a little polishing, this wall has great potential!






Or you can have your painter / finisher apply various paints or textures and see what you come up with. 






Mix several colors of lime paint and apply.






Of course, the masters are John Saldino...






and Axel Vervoordt. These walls speak to me!





Have you incorporated bare walls into your decor? I would love to hear about them.


[1-2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7]

6 comments:

  1. Yes, we have lot's of 'bare' walls, we are surrounded of them! Love the natural look!

    Before we renovated our living room years ago one wall looked nearly identical like the wall in your last image. It had several layers of wall paper on it and underneath these beautiful unevenly distressed colors appeared which we did not touched for about 10 years! Unfortunately it started crumbling, so, new plastering was required.

    Best wishes for a sunny weekend, Ann

    karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, I love John Saladino's wall finishes and of course his interior design philosophy. I mixed field straw into dry wall compound and trowelled onto my kitchen walls and then left them raw.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Annie,
    I just received my bookends, they are gorgeous, thank you so much! Love the rosebud ornaments too! My husband got so excited to receive the package that forgot that he had the car running outside for about half an hour ha ha!
    I will post pictures of the bookends on my blog tomorrow for studio sunday.
    Looking at those walls, I discovered that painting technique by accident, don't ask me how, but it looks great, I will post about it on my blog later.
    Thank you again for the prizes!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've noticed that too Annie. I'm here from Ido's blog and I'm so glad to have found you. I'm your newest follower. Please stop by for a visit sometime.
    xoxo,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Ann just caught up on your last few blogs LOVELY the trip in France was fun and i love the palazzo walls too and John Saladino
    its 29 degs today so inside for a while !! enjoy Sunday fay xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love bare walls. Wish I could have them in my home, actually... Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...