Sunday, June 10, 2012

Bergdorf

I am not one for fashion. 
I barely give the spring and fall fashion shows a thought. While I like to look in style, the up-to-the-minute fashions often look a bit absurd, especially on the boney models that look like they can barely make it down the runway. 
So it surprised me when I received Bergdorf Goodman's latest magazine book
Moi? Pourquoi?


Curiously, I opened the "book" and began to leaf through it. Then I actually starting to read it. Chuckling to myself, I thought that some of the writing wasn't bad. Reading the Mysteries of the Eyebrow was amusing and I started to contemplate my own eyebrow regimen. Was it enough?


Well, I made it all the way through. 
Granted I skimmed most of it, but I have to admit I actually enjoyed it. 
I could even see myself wearing the Low-Heeled Oxford from Jason Wu (if I ignored the price).


These Manolo Blahnik "Cusani" sandals (not on their website yet) made me smile


Akris' pretty Tree-Print Wool Coat, digitally printed


CÉLINE "Trapeze" bag (not on website yet)

Cute double-breasted trench coat by Gucci (not on website yet) 

What did you think of the articles?

[via]

3 comments:

  1. Hello Annie

    The tree print coat is beautiful and a timeless piece. I love it

    Thanks for this interesting post

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was a vintage publication, due to the first photo, until I saw Jason Wu's shoes, and had to scroll back to clarify! It's amazing how I can pick up a magazine from 12 years ago, and save the ads, it could be from today's newsstands! Off to grab the 10x mirror...and tweezers...

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES!!!!!!!!!! Ahem, sorry. Had to control myself. I love Bergdorfs, I love Barneys, I love Fashion and all the wee children that surround her. Does that translate well to life? Not always. :) [Except for the Eyebrow. That's A Must. I smiled along with her fun, informative article. Thanks for the "book" link.]

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...