Monday, June 4, 2012

The Bouquet

I have been in the special events industry for over twenty years and have been graced to work with an incredibly creative special events decorator during that time. 
Pieter Bouterse's work is up there with any famed floral decorator you can throw at me- of this, there is no doubt in my mind. His standards are high, his work ethic unequaled. (Did I say Picky?) Because of this, I guess you could call me jaded.

For me to write a post for Splenderosa's By Invitation Only on weddings is almost impossible. I could feed you photo after photo, but decided I best not. I narrowed it down to the flowers and, specifically, the bouquets. 

May I share with you just a small sampling of the bouquets Pieter has made in the past 9 months? 
Tradition is that Pieter always creates the bridal bouquet. I usually create the attendant bouquets, but that is open to discussion and/or a guest floral decorator. 
And did I tell you that one of the best parts of working a wedding is to hand the bridal party their bouquets right before they walk down the aisle?
Never fails to make me teary-eyed. 


By far, the most popular request for the bridal bouquet is all white. Here are a few:





Spring and summer tend to go perky and bright, lots of pink and lime.



 Fall and winter usually are somewhat darker, more serious. 
Equally as beautiful, though.



Of course, the wedding I recall most fondly was my daughter's almost three years ago. A reasonably sized bridal party was refreshing (don't get me started on that subject!), the weather finally cleared out an hour before the ceremony started and we had a blast!


 And, yes, Beth requested a large bouquet. Having worked with Pieter during college to earn spending money, she had seen many a bouquet and knew exactly what she wanted. It was gorgeous!


What are your favorite bouquets?

9 comments:

  1. This subject was made for you...what gorgeous bouquets...every single one. Could not pick a favorite. I've missed you. I hope you have a delightful Summer ahead of you. We need to catch up. XO, Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys could have done the posts for all of us! And, as I was finishing mine I realized I didn't do flowers at all, and I thought of Pieter. The installation of everything which you both do so beautifully, with the flowers being such a big part of any wedding. I love your daughter's bouquet most of all because it was especially for her, just the way she wanted it. Thank you, Annie, for being with us from the beginning...the best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Annie... these bouquets are so exquisite... A gorgeous post ... thank you... xv

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, so much beauty and I loved this very specific view, the insider's view of your world. How wonderful it must be to hand off the bouquet to the lovely ladies--what a moment! It must make all of your hard work worthwhile...

    ReplyDelete
  5. How gorgeous...I love your daughter's bouquet. Unfortunately for me as i have 2 sons, no bouquet to design... However, i had the pleasure of doing all the floral arrangements for my project designer. A challenge by 110 degree weather...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, You could very well have MY dream job! What exquisite bouquets! Your daughter's is magnificent! You get to live part of the wedding fairy tale everyday!
    Yvonne, a fellow BIO

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love every single bouquet! The winter ones speak most to me. Thank you so much for sharing all of this beauty.
    I love the photo of your daughter's wedding party :)
    xo isa

    ReplyDelete
  8. All the flowers are stunning but i am partial to all white myself.....the bouquets are all so pretty but my fave is your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Annie how is a possible to choose a favourite out of all those... I loved your daughter's bouquet! I had a similar large one with pinks and and warmer colours. I am so late in commenting but I just had to visit everyone! Wow Pieter is amazing, I have to say....each one is just perfect inits own way!

    Veronica
    Tassels Twigs and Tastebuds

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...