Monday, March 14, 2011

Belgian Aesthetics

The Belgian aesthetic has entranced us all. No wonder... look at this gorgeous home of the the owners of Arcobaleno, an antique store in Ramsel, Belgium.




Their use of natural materials for the wall, natural fabrics on the furniture and incorporating antiques and treasured family items are ideas I appreciate.



  
I enjoy the muted colors...


 

the sparkling chandeliers...




the use of ornament, via plaster or paint.




In this shop containing their decor, the walls (OK, and the candy, too!) stood out to me. Sometimes it's just not necessary to cover the entire wall with a design. Those blank spaces speak as well.






I wonder if Greet (of Belgian Pearls) has been here...

What are your thoughts on Belgian decor?

[1-4, 5-8]

5 comments:

  1. I love Belgian Decor for all the same reasons you do. Authentic is another word that this design conjures up for me. That living room is drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is well done and is very authentic and not contrived. It is subtle and stunning and very inviting! XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Greet is one of my favorite bloggers!!! I love Belgium Interiors thanks to her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Greets blog! And I am falling in love with Belgian decor more and more each day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog! I really love how it's easy on my eyes as well as the facts are well written. I am wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made.
    Upholstery

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...