Monday, March 7, 2011

It's Time!

It sure seemed a long while in coming, but the time has come to start planting. No, not outside quite yet (the garden is still covered with snow), but I will start my seeds this week indoors.

My goal is to create a kitchen garden. Here is one inspiration- isn't it wonderful? (Loving that house, too!) 




I like the idea of combining the veggies with the flowers.




My other inspiration is Brooke's garden here




Our garden will be slightly different. We have so many flowers (perennials, hydrangea bushes) that we probably will need to tuck in here and there. Maybe a border of lettuce?


Will you be planting a garden this year? Care to join me?

[1,2,3]

5 comments:

  1. Oh I feel for you snow still on the ground....
    love the border of lettuce idea...do try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this time of year! I'm getting ready to refresh our garden as well.
    Thank you for including a picture of our kitchen garden and honored that you find it inspirational! xo xo

    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ann
    Well as you know our seasons are opposite so when autumn really settles in here I'l be glad to watch your garden grow... Love everything Brooke does.. such talent..

    Have a lovely week .. ciao xxxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Annie,

    I am so jealous! My husband and I wish so much that we could. We have many dear that pass through our property every night. It's a nightmare just keeping my flowers alive. They munch on everything! We have landscaping plans in the near future that will include a fence, so just maybe we will be able to see such visions come to fruition...literally! I will stayed tuned for all the inspiration you will be bringing us :) XO, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these kitchen gardens. I have a small enclosed perennial garden off my kitchen. these are giving me some great ideas to expand it this year.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...