Monday, October 10, 2011

La Pouyette- the Holiday House

Limestone, rolling hills, pomegranates, herbs and roses: these are the things that come to mind when thinking of La Pouyette, the ever so charming "holiday house" for rent in the teeny village of Bertric-Burée, in the southwest of France. Owned by Karin and Ron, it is a gorgeous and well-maintained place for the weary traveler. Karin also happens to have the unique, serene blog by the same name, La Pouyette.


The home is situated in the midst of tiny towns and villages and boasts amazing views. The holiday house was part of the original collection of outbuildings of a seventeenth century farm, located on an old Roman road.


We were not prepared for swimming in its pool- who would have guessed that the weather would be in the 80's in late September?


Karin and Ron renovated the cottage themselves, taking it from a tiny, raw space to two bedrooms that can sleep four upstairs. The main floor has a fully equipped kitchen, living room and library.



Fall dahlias and grapes

The view out of the bedroom

Stepping outside of the stone wall gives you this view!

Living room views above and below


One of my favorites- looking up in the bedroom

Karin also has a fascinating antiques shop on the property. We were treated to a tour and had to really hold back our purchases so we could make the airline weight restrictions. If I lived there, I could have furnished a home with its contents! Anyone want to go in on a container with us?


I suspect that Karin's collection of linen and grain sacks is surpassed by no one. 
And I mean internationally.



Thank you for everything, Karin and Ron! We loved every moment.

Please contact Karin here for more information and booking details.


9 comments:

  1. Karin's shop looks as amazing as I thought it would be - she has a sure eye and so much knowledge.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to go there. Thanks for sharing. xo Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  3. As one would expect from Karin, her rental cottage is beautiful, as is her shop. I would love her to transform our cottage in France! Thank you for the photos.......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Ann! What a wonderful surprise!
    And what can I say - THANK YOU - MERCI BEAUCOUP
    for this lovely post!

    We really enjoyed so much to meet you and Pieter and still talking about you and the good 'moments' we've had together. We certainly hope to see you again, one day....
    We miss you!

    Heartily greetings,
    karin and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie this is absolutely breathtaking and the true quintessential French decorum. Your pictures are superbly exquisite. Thank you for sharing. As of today, a new and devoted follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post!
    The images are as lovely as the house!

    ♥ Franka

    ReplyDelete
  7. A slice of heaven! I want to go!!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.

    Disney Holiday home

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the excellent content I did experienced studying it, I will be sure to save your website and definitely will come returning from again. I want to motivate that you proceed your excellent job, have a excellent day. latin dance classes philadelphia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...