Friday, January 20, 2012

A Lovely Lady

Last week, I came across this painting while doing research for a post on Highclere Castle.
This is Catherine Wendell, the 6th Countess of Carnarvon. She married the 6th Earl of Carnarvon, Henry George in 1922. They divorced in 1936.

For some reason, I find this painting to be hauntingly beautiful.


Maybe it is its tone-on-tone effects with just strategic pops of color. 
Or the pretty woman. 
No matter, just enjoy!
(If anyone knows, please tell me who the artist is.)

[via]

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ann you HAVE been a busy bee I feel quite lazy ! though ive been well occupied . I agree its an intriguing painting and the jewels look pretty impressive too
    Love your high gloss walls in previous and the restfull chair in the Castle and the SCRIBBLING project wow took some concentration OR madness enjoy the weekend my dear Love fay xxx just had a look for the artist nil so far ! sorry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ann,

    I love this painting, it's looks so impressive and chique at the same time.

    Have a nice weekend
    Jérôme

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is absolutely lovely & I would easily be able to have that on my wall ... beautiful!

    http://deeatthecarlton.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...