Saturday, January 22, 2011

Breathe Deeply

Mmmm... can't you just smell it? I cannot think of many other scents that could stop me in my tracks.
The scent of chocolate is instantly recognizable.




 Fudge, mousse, hot cocoa, brownies 
or just plain, deep, dark chocolate...
 



I am always ready for a taste.
One of my fond childhood memories is smelling the fudge that my mother would make on special occasions. 

I would like to share with you the recipe that I use for hot fudge sauce. I am usually requested to bring ice cream pies to the family get-togethers, even in winter. I also use this same recipe for the pies, placing it between the ice cream layers.

Hot Fudge Sauce

                  1/2 cup butter                   4 ounces unsweetened chocolate        
2 cups sugar                            1/8 teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla                  1 can (12 oz.) evaporated milk  
                                                                  
Melt butter in double boiler, then add sugar and stir till incorporated. Gradually add the evaporated milk and salt, stirring occasionally until the sugar is melted. 
This will take 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and add vanilla.

 The only step left is to dish out your favorite ice cream!
                                  
[1,2]


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Hot fudge sauce - this is so not good for my new year's resolution. Yum.

    I am enjoying sipping on hot chocolate as I read this...

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it's chocolate.. but coffee too.. the good coffee that is.. haha..ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...