Thursday, January 20, 2011

Winter Whites

As in, can you just smell these? 
I brought the jasmine plant from my deck into my studio to overwinter and was surprised with their lovely scent as I walked in yesterday.
This jasmine scent is very soft, not too heady.







I also tried overwintering this white oleander topiary. 
It needs lots of water, but is also beginning to flower.







Luckily, these blooms are also fragrant.



Have you ever tried to overwinter your summer bloomers?
Connecting up to Cindy at My Romantic Home.


Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I adore the perfume of jasmin, also of orange blossom. They smell so oriental and exotic - love it
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ann, I also have an oleander, a pink one. It sits in my greenhouse, wich is not heated. I try to overwinter many plants. Our climate is the typical Rocky Mountain Cold. For flowers I have lots of geraniums, a few pots of Icelandic Poppies, a special blue petunia and a Nasturtium. They keep me in flowers without having to run to the florist every week. .
    Did you know that Oleander is very poisonous?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I love jasmine scent too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love the scent of jasmine! Nothing better than walking by a plant (like jasmine) & having to do a double take to see what smells so lovely! Hoping you'll come over & link up to Cottage Flora Thursday's w/your garden post! xoox
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie,
    thanks so much for sharing your beautiful WHITE flowers. I would love to have you join me at my weekly party…it’s NIFTY THRIFTY TUESDAYS…hope to see ya there:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...