Thursday, January 6, 2011

In the mood for pretty

 I am in the mood to see beauty, as in flowers!  
Nothing like a midwinter pick-me-up.

For your enjoyment from the greenhouse...
 

to what awaits us in the spring...
(Do you know what this flower is?)
 


to the simple, gorgeous pansy...




to the fantastic scents that we look forward to!




Don't you just love this bulb tree? Clever!


 
Courtesy of Minna at Blomsterverkstad blog



Connecting up to Cindy at My Romantic Home.

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Hi Ann, Is it a single Peony? I would love to see the bulb tree in bloom. Looks like they are all starting to sprout. I see tulips, crocus, hyacinth and daffodils. What a show that will be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty indeed. A great little pick me up! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Almost, Gina!
    It is actually a tree peony. The plant grows like a tree with a woody stem and is an incredible bloomer after getting established (2-3 years). I mean the blooms are 8-12 inches each! Truly a spectacular flower with amazing colors. I don't understand why it isn't used more in the landscape.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann
    There are so many yummy things on your blog.. The first shot in the Plum post ,. just gorgeous!! and those wood tiles.. I love them all!!

    Thanks so much for all your kindness and support over the last year.. I hope 2011 brings you bucket loads of joy and happiness!!! ciao ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to Kristin at "My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia" my first ever link party for Cottage Flora Thursday's is up & running! Inviting you to come over & link a cottage garden post you may have & please advertise "Cottage Flora Thursday's" on your post that you link!! & don't forget to become a follower of my blog !!!

    This is such a pretty post - i hope you share it!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...