Monday, September 12, 2011

On Stage Reception


For the past few weeks, I have been working on creating background features for a wedding reception that took place on a theater stage.


My part was two fold. First, I needed to take 22 banisters with this 80's "marbleized" finish and turn them into old stone.




The finished product:




Then I need to transform these 36" diameter by 18' tall sono tubes (=HUGE) into limestone columns.


And that's what I did- travertine lime plaster was used with many hours spent perched on a very tall ladder that I traveled up and down on as I moved my way around the columns. I knew them well at the end!



The sheer scale of the columns and backdrop (which was done by a very talented scenic artist whose name I cannot reveal for a bit) were awesome.



A subtle wedding palette of whites and off whites were used for the flowers that were placed on wood candlesticks embellished with bits of gold.


I wished I could have been a guest!


10 comments:

  1. I'm sure the reception was a stunning performance.

    You have done an amazing job on the bannisters and columns, so, the whole setting has become a very romantic terrace, watched over by the full moon.

    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,

    You did a great job, this can only be a great success. You have a great talent, do so on!

    Have a nice week,
    Jérôme

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Annie, I'm speechless, what a great transformation on those columns and banisters!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie what an amazing transformation!! Great job, you are very creative!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I'm blown away! Your work is amazing. You mean after doing all of that fabulous work you didn't get invited to the wedding?
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Just gorgeous. Absolutely gorgeous work. And what? They didn't bow to you and let you stay for the reception? These photos make me want to have another wedding... to the same guy, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful post. I have learnt so much from this blog.I like your blog.Thanks for the post.
    Stone columns

    ReplyDelete
  8. Their staff was extremely professional and went out of their way to be very nice to me. I actually will be writing them a personal letter to thank them for a wonderful job performance all around!
    Houston Venues

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored easy to undertand. Unlike additional blogs I have read which are really not tht good. I also found your posts very interesting. In fact after reading, I had to go show it to my friend and he ejoyed it as well!

    step and repeat backdrop

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...