Thursday, September 15, 2011

Scene Stealers

Fireworks on a stick? 
Rather, these would be papyrus.





These wonderfully green plants are tall and stately and a nice change of scenery in the garden.


The brugsmansia is on its fifth flush of fragrant (only at night) blooms. 


The way they hang resembles a two-tiered umbrella of blooms, fifteen in all.


One of my favorites- the hyrangeas when they are deeply antiqued:


And last, but not least, isn't this the oddest flower you've ever seen? No, I did not grow these, but just had to show you!


This is a Green Eye rose.It is not fragrant and has no thorns.  
I look forward to seeing how we use them in centerpieces this weekend.


What do you think about it? 

Connecting up to Show and Tell Friday at Cindy's My Romantic Home.

4 comments:

  1. Love those pictures of the papyrus, and those green eye roses are very unusual, I never seen them before, but beautiful!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing. The magic of nature's design never ceases to amaze me.
    (P.S. How do you manage your time so effectively to bring us so many wonderful daily blogs? I just manage to have the time to put a a blog weekly.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting photos and flowers! Wow, I never knew there was a green-eyed rose!

    Thanks for sharing!

    Visiting from My Romantic Home Linky Party tonight :D

    Suzanne in NW Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  4. That green eyed rose is a scene stealer for certain. My peach brugmansia are on a blooming break- thank you for sharing yours.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...