Thursday, December 15, 2011

On the Other Hand

While I will always have an affinity for the perfectly aged, I have also grown to love clean and contemporary. For various reasons.

Isn't this the most calming, serene room? Roche Bobois's marketing department is genius, consistently coming up with inviting design.


Still appreciating the aged patina along side their luxurious, new leather furniture...


and a striking painting. 
(I would love to know who the artist is...)


I think in my next life I shall have a townhouse in Paris, and then I will combine a smooth, sleek metallic wall with the original wood moldings that add so much character to the space. Speaking of townhouses in Paris, if you are visiting there before the 19th of February, 2012, be sure to stop by the Cité de l'Architecture et du Patrimoine at the Palais de Chaillot (1 place du Trocadéro 75116 Paris) to visit their temporary exhibit, L'hôtel Particulier. Une Ambition Parisienne (The Townhouse. A Parisian Ambition). It looks so interesting and has had great reviews.


I would have to feel those walls!


When I am in the mood for bright and happy colors, I would love a space like this living room of Stila's creator, Jeanine Lobell and actor Anthony Edwards. The natural light and the various colors all say alive! to me.


Which way do you lean toward in your own home?

1 comment:

  1. while the room is lovely the painting Makes It, No? For me it is always what next for myself those colors that are enigmatic suit me best and I am paring down, trying I must say. pgt

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...