Thursday, December 1, 2011

Putti Appreciation

Admittedly, the holiday season is the one time of the year that I can share my appreciation for putti without looking too cutesy. 
And so, this being December first and the start of my holiday decorating, I would like to share with you the putti from our travels. 
I don't seem to see many here in my home town, but we readily see them in Europe.

Putti at the Palazzo Vecchio in Florence

 Putti at the Vatican in Rome

A putto somewhere in Florence

A putto at Versailles (gilded, of course)

 French putti

A putto in an interesting pose in Rouen

A putto on the floor of the Cathedral of Siena, Italy

 A putto at Versailles

 Companion putti in Versailles

Putti at the Petit Trianon of Versailles

Are you a putti appreciator?

[5]

5 comments:

  1. I love it! Not too cutesy to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Ann, A great post. Have always loved Putti. Have them painted on my ceiling in our dining room. Your selection is beautiful, love them all and none are too cutesy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes they are lovely arent they Ann
    I think hes in the Bargello in Firenze
    fay xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful collection of putti.....your post never cease to surprise and delight me.
    I love ces petits enfants ailés - everything has its place!
    Bonne semaine et bisous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fall weddings captures the beautiful autumn or fall season. Mother Nature turns the color of the leaves from green to orange. The landscape and foliage add warm and rich color accents to the wedding.

    garden wedding sydney

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...