Saturday, March 17, 2012

Golden Saturday

Happy St. Patrick's Day to my forever Irish mother, Mary Slattery! 
I love you, Mom!


My color for this Saturday is not green, however. Today it is a golden Saturday. We are water gilding a six by three foot cross for a church and the gold has been fluttering about if we take an extra breath. I have never held my breath so much in one sitting. The gold has been applied for today's area; we'll be burnishing in a few hours.


Loving these columns with gold accents.


If you're not all-out into gold, check out the subtle wash of gold over the gray plaster on this wall. 
Just enough to give the wall a little pizazz- and it only shows with just the right light.  


[1,2,3,4]

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...