Sunday, February 13, 2011

Church Living

Enjoying this fabulous converted church in the  Kensal Green area of London.




With the floor to ceiling windows, the rooms are filled with amazing light. It would make a perfect studio.




The arched windows, ceilings and columns add to its charm.




The colours prevent it from being too sterile.




Looks like the choir loft is an office / study.




OK- I could really get used to this.
Would you consider transforming a church like this?


[via]

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. My studio is in a 200 year old church, sadly sounds more generous than it is...nice light and space though

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love large spaces like this! My husband and I have been working on converting a 4000 sf barn into our home. A job but well worth it in the end.

    The columns in this church are stunning! Really beautiful space.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize your studio was in a church, Cait. How have you been?

    Tamra- whew- what a job! Can't wait to see the end result!

    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely yes!

    Would have it less white-white, floor with old bleached oak floor boards, hiding the central heating elements or better an underfloor heating system, and would have certainly bigger chandeliers from the 1950's-1960s(like some in my post "DDR Elegance" for example). The existing chandeliers are too small, out of proportion to the space. Changing a few furniture... But apart from that I could move in.

    Greetings
    karin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...