Friday, February 18, 2011

Lucky Blue Find

Every once in a while, you get lucky. 

At a recent estate sale, I managed to make it over on the third and last day of the sale. Normally that means not much is left. I cannot fathom why, but this mirror was proudly hanging on the wall when I walked in. My heartbeat quickened when I saw it, but I figured it was just waiting for its new owner to pick it up. I spotted another gorgeous mirror, also hanging there quietly.
 



After perusing the three floors of the home, creating a small pile of items to purchase, I decided to investigate those mirrors. I could not believe my ears when I was told they were still for sale.




Yes!




Needless to say, I claimed them quickly and thanked my lucky stars. I don't know any of its history. I do know that I love the cherub faces and the mirror's blue color and shape.
 



Now I am working on the appropriate wall finish for my tiny foyer, where the mirror will reside. I'll show you the finished space as soon as I get it done! (Don't hold your breath...)




Might anyone be able to tell me more of its origin?

Thank you to Cindy at My Romantic Home!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. I cannot -- but it is beautiful! What a great find...and meant for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know anything about the origins, looks very French/Spanish to me, but oh my, it is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Those were incredible finds. would love to be so lucky! Haven't talked to you in a while. Hope all is well. Have a great weekend. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous, Annie! Reminds me of something at Chateau Sonoma (look under Object d'Art "crown and angels wood carving"). Superb! Congratulations on a great find! XO Trish

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Annie, The crown and colors remind me of Swedish designs....but don't know. What I do know is that you found a fabulous treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made an incredible find. It was just waiting for your to arrive!!! Unbeleivable that it was still there after 3 days. ~~Sherry~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. No way!! I'd have tackled you for that baby! *winks* It was obviously meant to be yours. What a find! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mirror, you were lucky to get your hands on it.
    The colour is so pretty, now you will have to build your room around it..
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend.
    Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I would love to be able to tell you that it was handed down to me by my late great, great, grandmother and stolen two years ago from my home and could I please have it back. LOL

    Absolutely incredible find. We should all be so lucky some day to find such a magnificent treasure. If you do ever find out more information about it I hope you will share it with all of us.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW!! Finding something like that on the final day is almost unheard of! Heck, finding something like that on any day is almost unheard of. LOL Can I rub your hair and see if some of that luck will rub off on me?
    (Found you from My Romantic Home)

    Wanda @ Just Vintage
    http://shopjustvintage.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow...score!!! That is gorgeous! I have no idea about the origin but it makes me think of France:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...