Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Statement Pieces

Ranging from boldly colorful to dark and moody to a variation of tone-on-tone white, these large paintings certainly are statement pieces for the room.



Cool combination of colors!



Also like how both the silver of the vase and the gold of the frame work together 
to complement the plum and periwinkle in the painting.




Quintessential Mark Rothko



Textural and moody



Gorgeous painting in a gorgeous Michael S. Smith room!

What do you use as your room's statement piece?

 [1,2,3,4,5]

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I like to use a collection of things. I have been wanting a very big painting of some sort for our wall on the second floor of our foyer. I refuse to settle for something and I keep waiting for the perfect piece :) I love all of these. I pretty much love all art (except for obscene or inappropriate things!) XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mark Rothko is my favourite...I am convinced he is why I am a decorative painter

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...