Saturday, February 5, 2011

Raw Finishes

These are the colors I am working with on my kitchen walls. Figures- it is taking a while to get the colors just right! I can go to a client's home and pick the colors out quickly; in my own home, it has been challenging.

Stone, putty and touches of ochre, cream and cocoa- my tumbled marble and ceramic tiles are suggesting the direction to follow. I am loving the lime wash paints of Sydney Harbour Paints


[via]
Hoping to win the acanthus leaf fragment sconce over Zinc Studio's giveaway for the kitchen!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Oh Annie, I know how you feel about the design for your own kitchen, the same happens to me. I hope you win the sconce, it's fabulous, will keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am the same way with my house. I go into a clients home and can get a feel for exactly what works but in mine........I'm become a total knucklehead.

    I can't wait to see your kitchen. I love your color palette, it's the same palette I'm working with in my bedroom. Love it!

    Hope you win the sconce

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is I love it, love it, love it. I'm in complete agreement that it is so much easier to tell someone else what to do than make a choice for yourself. I'm very honest when I tell you that I love your choice. I also love the fact that you love such wonderful finishes. All the horrible faux finishes out there in the last few years have turned people away from them completely. I love them and my home has fabulous finishes that are so warm and inviting. It's all about doing it right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ann, Neutral colors are always more difficult. In the end, you will get it just right.
    I will not enter the give-a-way...so you have a better chance of winning the acanthus leaf sconce.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie, I completely agree with Mona. I think it's harder to do something for yourself as we always know there might be something better coming along. The perfectionist in us!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...