Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sketches

Sometimes I find the process is just as interesting as the finished product.


Guess who did this beautiful sketch?

Such is the case with Hermes's first earthenware collection, Les Maisons Enchantees. Given carte blanche, artist Francois Houtin put his training as a landscape artist to good use in his highly detailed sketches.


Nice studio!


 A radiograph pen was used to create the studies and then they were reproduced with pen and wash.


 Mr. Houtin is on the right.


Love looking at the details.






The tableware collection numbers twenty-one pieces with a cream background and ox-blood designs. They are made in Gien, France.






[1, 2-5,6]

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Anne this is beautiful! And look at that studio the light, the hight of the ceiling. I don't know what you mean by a radiograph pen, but the results are stunning.
    Future collector's items
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. currently, my studio is being built - and I am so thrilled to have landed here via michele- what an incredible space and how I love his work....and a rapidiograph pen. I have amassed a collection.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such talent...and I adore the studio, too!

    Leigha

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...