Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Paper Walls

I am intrigued by this wall of books in David Bouley's new Japanese brushstroke restaurant in Tribeca. Created with 12,000 discarded books, it sure makes for a funky design element in the bar lounge.



I suspect that some of us may almost be able to replicate this wall from our own book collections!



The restaurant's design was created by the Japanese firm, Super Potato, and incorporates salvaged timber, stone and steel.



brushstroke
30 Hudson St. 
New York, NY
212-791-3771

[1-3,4,5,6]

3 comments:

  1. An amazing technique. How creative. We can't even imagine how the artists come up with these ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,
    I love books and I've seen a lot of ideas for decorating with them, this is very cool; hey, what happened with that rabbit skin, plaster and paint that you were going to show us?
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ido!
    Patience, my dear. The project is a slow one. Many steps and you cannot rush it with gold leaf. Hopefully, it will turn out the way I want it! But, thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...