Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Touch of Paris in NYC

I fell in love with this apartment. Fashion designer Erin Fetherston's find in NYC actually took a bit of sleuthing to find, but her loft is charming! The doors, which came with the loft, set the tone.


It's all in the details: the grand windows, wood floors and blue green walls. She brought many of her furniture pieces, including these Bergère-style chairs, from Paris.


The dining chandelier is actually all electric; the silk flowers are vintage.


Check out the eighteenth century chairs- made more casual with the burlap and two other fabrics.


Her bedroom proudly displays this exquisite chinoiserie silk screen. 


Details, details...




It's all in the details.




Courtesy of Vogue, photos by Claiborne Swanson Frank

8 comments:

  1. Those doors are fabulous!!! Love it all except for the flowers wound around the fixture above the dining table. Just not a fan of that. Thanks for your sweet comments on my porch. You are right, Don and I can just take our pick on where to sit, though it's hard to get me out of the chair by the fireplace with my feet up on the ottoman. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Mona

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Such high ceilings...very ethereal. And your peonies (last post)...envy!!! Have a wonderful weekend! XO Trish

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darling, this is beautiful. I love Erin Fetherston's fashion designs, now I love her home too. Doors are awesome. My daughter discovered these delightful electric candles and uses them for her spa sometimes. Great post !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutley gorgeous.. the ironwork doors and parquetry floors sold me!!

    Have a great weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore the 'miniature' chest in the last image, just beautiful!
    And yes - it's always 'in the details'......
    Best wishes for a wonderful weekend and
    greetings from the Périgord,
    karin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ann, forgotten to say thank you for sending me the info about the book!
    Alors - merci beaucoup!
    k

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geaorgeous! And even if there´s plenty of details it is elegant and doesn´t feel crowded. Very beautiful in all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting? I'm pleased I discovered it though, ill be checking back soon to find out what additional posts you include. large

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...