Friday, February 3, 2012

Looking Up

As I have mentioned before, I spend a fair amount of time looking up when we are on walking trips, either in my hometown area or away. Well, here is a new twist to looking up in your own home. 

Can you imagine lying in bed and gazing at this?


Or this?


The German company LIGHTBOYS has designed an intriguing combination of ceiling fresco with a ceiling light (which are often so ugly) called Roof Top Lights
They afix illuminated photographs on top of a 40mm-thick, ultra-light frame that mounts to the ceiling.



What a way to transform a room!
The fixture can be made up to 9.8 feet. 



I'd be hard pressed to decide on which one... You?

[via]

5 comments:

  1. I thought it was an inventive use of existing technology when I saw this. I felt a little jealous actually, that I didn't come up with it myself. It's a simple idea, but is endlessly variable and a new twist on the old idea of the trompe l'oeil Quadratura ceilings. Nice post.

    I love that digital technology (UV printing on glass here) is being incorporated into interior settings and products. This stuff is just the beginning. Good for those guys (or girls)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting, Alan. To tell you the truth, you were the first thing that I thought of when I read about them. While the decorative arts will surely always be around, I agree with you- the definition is sure changing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that would be so much nice to look up to instead of my mo-fugly ceiling fan!! New follower :)
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie these are so gorgeous. An ingenious idea!!

    Please do come and join my Valentine Giveaway!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  5. So intriguing. I love the concept. How did you come to learn of this treatment? Have you seen the work in person? I agree ceilings have for too long been overlooked. this could be a gorgeous solution. thanks.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...