Friday, February 10, 2012

Tulip Day

 

I can't wait any longer! 
I am proclaiming today as Tulip Day... in anticipation of our treats to come. 
I suspect it may be due to the extremely mild winter that we are almost expecting spring to pop soon (although the snow is starting as I write this). 
I, for one, look forward to colorful flowers poking through the soil.

Artist Kerri Rosenthal's painted tulips are equally as beautiful as the real deal. I first saw her work in the House of Fifty.



Where else would we see tulips as a matter of course other than in Holland? 
Have you ever seen The Art of Living in Amsterdam by Melanie van Ogtrop? 
Beautiful book. 
If you visit Holland at any time of the year, it is a common sight to see folks with a bunch or two of flowers on their way home from work. 
They don't reserve flowers just for special occasions. 
I like that.



Last, but not least, why not tulips on your Roman curtains?
Charming, no?


What are you celebrating today?

[1-2,3,4]

2 comments:

  1. I'll run with that! Such fun pictures....gorgeous colours......
    Here celebrating first born son's 30th ! Wow ....

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are celebrating being back home after having visited sunny California.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...