Friday, May 13, 2011

A Light & Delicate Touch

I rarely am attracted to an all white room, but the fabulous living room of Nina Gill in Homes and Gardens caught my attention. My eyes went directly to the large windows and their unusual wrought iron curtain rods with vines and flowers. (They would fit perfectly right in my own living room.)


Part of what makes this room so pretty is the amount of varied textures. From the iron rods to the silk sconces to the gilded and painted mirror to the column and fancy crown moldings, the textures add the interest to the room.






The master bedroom, with its lovely organza bed curtains and waxed and polished Venetian plaster walls, is a romantic get-away.


How can you go wrong with a De Gournay Plum Blossom wallpaper in lavender and tarnished silver?


 [via here and here]

6 comments:

  1. I can't imagine have DeGournay in any colorway! I love, love, love that wallpaper. It is so timeless and beautiful! I gravitate towards very calming color palettes for bedrooms, I think an all white would be pretty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Annie,
    I didn't like white either, now I'm completely changing my bedroom from dark colors, navy, burgundy, dark woods, etc. to all white but the walls, white bed linens, white headboard, dresser, chairs, window treatments, I mean everything white, we'll see how it turns out, wish me luck. Luv the first picture, thanks for sharing.
    XXXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEAVEN. What an amazing home!
    Have a pretty day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, this is beautiful. I love white rooms. I even have a white dog. And, what a glorious way to have the curtained walls instead of the old-looking canopy. xx's

    ReplyDelete
  5. For serious concerns, work with a physician or other licensed therapist experienced in light therapy to help get the right balance of light intensity, duration, and timing sunlight lamp

    ReplyDelete
  6. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal. Will likely be back to get more. Thanks
    Tangki Panel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...