Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Tres Chic

Chic and contemporary- this is the London flat of architect and designer, David Collins.
 I am especially drawn to his combination of colors in the living room: clear lavender and blue with the pops of red in the painting and the gold leaf of the table. 
 



Known world-wide for creating environments for hotels, shops and residences, color plays a large role in his designs.The overall effect is clean and crisp. Lots of texture nuances here also.




What color combinations do you favor?

[1,2,3,4,5,6]

4 comments:

  1. I have to agree... LOVE that first combo/picture! I could live in that room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annie, I would have never thought of combining these colors...but visually it works so well. Great inspiration!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite color combinations are either completely neutral, neutral with a splash of color or warm colors. I'm just not a big fan of cold bright colors. These combinations are lovely but probably not me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just simply good!
    One of the most interesting, chic and modern interior I've seen for a while. Highly artistic!

    Room 3, 4 and 5 are my favorite!
    Karin

    P.S. Thanks so much for your 'purple'-comment Ann! No, you're not the only one who is intrigued by this color. It's just a very 'artistic' and creative one.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...