Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Setting the Tone

Setting the tone for a flattering color to complement the spring green around us. Purple is one of those colors that I am always attracted to. With its commanding presence, I prefer it in limited quantities. 

A fabulous purple marmorino plaster wall

The patterned rug reflects the purple wall nicely.

Accessorize with an amethyst silk plaid throw and amethyst curtains

Loving the purple throw in this serene bedroom

Grape purple with red and cream- a fresh, unusual combination

Love the metallic purple ceiling- a perfect touch

And, of course, Mark Rothko does it with purple!

[1,2,3,4,5,6,7]

5 comments:

  1. Love the splashes of purple in the 3rd adn 4th image. Just beautiful. Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, yeah! I love that metallic purple ceiling as well. Lovely images.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these colors! Particularly for silk, velvet and - perfect for dying linen/hemp (in my experience). And I certainly do like the metallic purple ceiling - a real perfect touch!
    karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh me too! I enjoy all the images.
    Lots of spring-greetings from Helsinki!
    NIna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...