Friday, May 20, 2011

Wisteria Lane

Seeing a wisteria vine in full bloom is a sure reason for me to screech the car to a stop so I can admire it. Its beauty is unrivaled. I know, its strength is also, but once you understand the basics of its proper pruning, the enjoyment can be all yours.




I did stop when I drove past my neighbor's home. Wow! And the scent- it reminds me of grapes. Delicate and delicious!


A sunny Friday is in store for us today and I am the luckiest gal- I will be planting all day at several clients' homes. What are you doing on this lovely Friday?

2 comments:

  1. The wisteria bloomed about 6 weeks ago in Louisiana. My son and I stopped on a country road and picked some growing beside the road. Bees were buzzing everywhere. Made the house smell so good. Have a great weekend!
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wisterias! When we had our apartement in Karlsruhe, South-Germany, there was a whole street full of wisterias climbing up nearly on every house.
    Unfortunately they do not like lime soil at all! So, I can't have any, 'tombie'!
    karin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...