Friday, July 8, 2011

Summer Brights Deux

The softly bold colors of Melbourne artist, Miranda Skoczek, practically sing on the walls.

 Sunset   Oil, oil stick and enamel on canvas
 
Taking her cue from nature's vibrant pigment colors, 


Miranda states, "I am committed to producing work loaded with positivity." You can just feel the happy energy in her paintings.

The Beautiful and The Good #3   Oil, oil stick and biro on canvas

Triangles with a Slightly Japanese Inflection   Acrylic and oil on canvas

Primitive   Oil and enamel on canvas

Road to Goodness   Oil, acrylic and enamel on canvas

The Young and Colourful Doe   Oil and acrylic on canvas

I first became aware of her work when viewing the photos of Fenton and Fenton, the amazing store that is definitely on my short list of places to visit in Melbourne. (Check out their collection of scarves... to die for.)

[via]

4 comments:

  1. oh my..I love abstractions...and these colors are so divine...love that first painting especially...
    the blues and grays and soft pastel colors are so rich and elegant..
    just heavenly,
    have a great weekend,
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great use of color that makes you smile! Hope you have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI Ann
    The colours are superb... fresh and happy I can certainly see the positivity in these.. love the shot of pigments also...

    I must check out Fenton and Fenton.. although it has been years since I've been to Melbourne...

    Have a great weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. forgot to mention.. hope you don't mind me using that shot of you and your seven sisters.. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...