Thursday, July 7, 2011

Glowing From Within: Tri-Color Beech

On this lovely summer day, let me introduce you to our tri-color beech tree.
It is one of the favorite plants in our garden, especially in the late afternoon when the sun highlights the leaves just so.


Isn't the coloring amazing? 
We planted this tree about ten years ago. It is progressing nicely and gets photographed a lot.




Mr. Spider happened to be visiting nearby. I think he was interrupted a few times down at the bottom!


Have a happy and safe day!

6 comments:

  1. Wow Ann! Beech is one of my favourite trees, but I've never see a variegated variety, this is stunning. Looks like you r tree has some very majestic neighbours too.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG That's Magical. Nature provides all the colours we could ever need. The way the light shines through those leaves is perfection! A marvellour job to catch this!
    Warmest wishes
    Di
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Annie, that tree is amazing, beautiful!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a gorgeous tree. I love your shot looking up. Re; your comment. Can you believe I just checked the air fare from DC to Detroit as I saw the garden tour she sponsors is in July. The amount was $$$ but it has me thinking about next year...I love the idea that after the tour, she hosts a reception at her store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh Ann that is the prettiest, magical tree I have ever seen!!!!!! It looks from afar as though it is covered in blossom! We have a climbing plant (Actinidia kolomikta) with similar pink tips to it's leaves but I've never seen a tree like it! I'm going to see if anyone stocks them in England! So gorgeous! Warmest wishes - Glenda xxx P.S. Thank you so much for your lovely comments about our home!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...