Friday, April 20, 2012

Let There Be (Beautiful) Light

With walls in steel grey, eggshell, white, chocolate martini and ebony, along with walnut stained mahogany floors, isn't this a stunning home? As seen in Est Magazine, I love its clean and sophisticated decor. And those light fixtures are to-die-for!


This is the home of Michelle James, the lighting designer, built in 1899 and just recently renovated.



Restraint and respect for the original details are evident throughout.


 The light in her home is visually arresting, especially with all of the natural light shining in.


Here are a couple of Michelle James' signature feature lights with vintage and salvaged components.

[1-5,6]

5 comments:

  1. Hi Annie
    This is lovely. I especially love the muted tones, mirrors and lighting.. Fabulous.. I love Est magazines and haven't bought one in Eons.. not as easy to find here..

    Have a lovely weekend.. ciao xxx Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an architectural gem of a house. I love the highly reflective floor in the entrance hall. I can imagine it looks stunning at night, illuminated by that gorgeous lamp.
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my sort of home. The 3rd property I owned was like this in age and design and my colours were off white and soft green,. The high ceilings and ornate plaster work gives great scope to decorating.
    Bisous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous - SO dramatic and elegant. I love the high ceilings and the coving is simply stunning - sets off the lighting perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely agree, it does look elegant. The chandelier center piece can really change the mood of the entire room.
    makati apartment

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...