Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Quite the Mural

Wouldn't you like to see this mural up close?


The mural is in the home of decorator Hutton Wilkinson and his wife, Ruth. 
Hutton was the partner of the late famed designer, Tony Duquette. 
Turns out that they live next door to Dawnridge
Duquette's 1949 home that Wilkinson purchased in order to "save its life."


The mural is actually a greatly enlarged painting by Elizabeth Duquette.

Here are some of her lovely paintings:




Check out more here.

[1-2,3-5]


4 comments:

  1. Makes me want to get out the box of paints & brushes. It's swoon-worthy. But, of course, you know I love drama. Gorgeous X10, Annie...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ANNIE, THANK YOU FOR YOUR KIND WORDS... I THINK IT MAY BE THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROOM I HAVE EVER CREATED... MY WIFE RUTH GAVE ME THE GREATEST COMPLIMENT WHEN SHE SAID "I MAY NEVER LEAVE THIS ROOM, IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL!" ELIZABETH "BEEGLE" DUQUETTE'S WORK IS SO BEAUTIFUL... I AM FORTUNATE TO OWN THE LARGEST COLLECTION OF HER PAINTINGS ANYWHERE. I LOOK FORWARD TO MAKING SIMILAR ROOMS FOR CLIENTS AROUND THE WORLD. THANK YOU FOR POSTING THIS... SINCERELY, HUTTON

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hutton,
    I am honored that you not only visited, but that you chose to respond.

    Ruth's room must be simply amazing to see. It just spoke to me.

    May I ask- did you have the murals printed on canvas or painted on canvas? What a feat!
    -Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an exquisite room... beautiful color palette. Phil xxxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...