Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Green Visions

A few green twists to the garden that caught my eye lately:

Grass "columns" were recently installed by Pieter Bouterse Studio to disguise ugly metal poles in a tent.
The first thing guests did was, of course, to go up to the columns and touch them.

I am loving this coleus with the fringed leaves, green uppers and burgundy unders.

As soon as I find out the exact name, I'll let you know.


Doesn't it look beautiful when there is a breeze?

Fun idea to have an equisetum wall! Equisetum needs plenty of moisture.

This is my year of papyrus. It is my first year of growing it and I have big plans for it next year in containers. It grows to an impressively tall height. Its airy green plumes love to wave in the breeze.



What are your favorite ideas for the garden?

[7]

7 comments:

  1. how fun are those columns??? they are visually stimulating and add such great texture! also love the equisetum wall. i wish i knew more when it comes to plants and how to care for them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love the grass on the columns!
    :-)
    Di
    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie, Those columns are so cool, are they real or not? the papyrus is very pretty! You sure have a huge garden!
    XXX Ido

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great plants to add texture to your garden!
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous textures and colors..
    garden plants come in so many shapes sizes and colors, but I find myself falling back for the old standby's like roses and lavender..
    perhaps I'm unimaginative.. :)
    best,
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  6. There is nothing like a Christmas tree to enjoy at Christmas time. Christmas tree shopping is an important part of the festival fun for the kids too.
    health benefits of super greens powder

    ReplyDelete

  7. Your blog is very nice thank you for this wonderful information I like very much for this article. Online Cake Delivery in Pakistan .

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...