Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Mother of Pearlness

Mother of pearl, also known as nacre, has been around as long as the shells that are lined with it. With its subtle coloration, distinctive iridescence and depth, I find it a happy finish.




Whether it be a small box...


or tiles for the wall...


with Maya Romanoff taking the lead...


or pearlescent glass tiles, it is one of my favorites.



It can even be captured with a Venetian plaster finish.


This bathroom is mother of pearl heaven!


Do you like mother of pearl?

[1,2,3,4,5,6,7-8,9,10,11]

5 comments:

  1. That last image has my heart. I think this is simply beautiful. The Italian in me always loves shiny finishes...you know, like silk taffeta, mother-of-pearl, gemstones, glitter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Annie,
    I love those pearlescent glass tiles. There are creams that have mother of pearl in them and they (supposedly) help with the age spots, and the creams look exactly like those tiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love mother of pearl. What beautiful applications. Hope your having a great week!
    Angela and Renee

    ReplyDelete
  4. The tiles are gorgeous but the plaster has to be one of my favourites in this fabulous post! The light they have captured is amazing! Warmest wishes - Glenda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore mother of pearl...and the tile backsplash...fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...